Welcome to JessRunsHappy.com: come for the iffy running advice and overly-wordy race recaps, stay for the Star Wars fun!
RunDisney Star Wars Races
As a Star Wars fan and a runner, it’s safe to say that the RunDisney Star Wars themed races are pretty much the best things ever. I mean, when you combine Star Wars with the elite experience of a RunDisney race, you can’t go wrong.
Looking for tips on what to expect in Disney races? Race-cation packing pointers? Running costume ideas? I’ve rounded up all of the posts I’ve written about my RunDisney Star Wars Races to help you out – enjoy!
2017 Rebel Challenge in Disneyland
2017 Dark Side Challenge in Walt Disney World
Star Wars Running Costumes
Non-Running Star Wars Posts
- The Last Jedi Trailer is Here!
- Ever wanted to see my face do gymnastics? This post has not one trailer reaction video, but TWO.
- Rest Day Round-Up: Star Wars Edition
- Pregnant Padme, Her Universe jewelry, and more.
- Flashback Friday
- I recap my 2017 May the Fourth activities, including the Pop-Up Snack Party I surprised everyone with at work and a Paint & Sip Party with a guy dressed like Han Solo.
- Daisy Ridley: My New Celeb Fitspiration
- I share a workout that I adapted from the lovely Miss Ridley’s Fitness Friday Instagram posts.
- … in a Galaxy Far, Far Away (aka Cape Cod)
- The beginnings of my love affair with cosplay, all thanks to my best friend’s 10th Wedding Anniversary Costume Party.
- Best Weekend EVER
- I recap our experience at the Star Wars & The Power of Costume exhibit.
Interested in creating your own Jakku Rey cosplay? Looking for tips on how to make a Rebel Legion approved Rey costume? Just want to build a quarterstaff that’ll help you get through the license renewal line at the DMV with no questions asked?
Here’s how I built the various pieces for my Jakku Rey, from head to toe:
- Rey’s Staff
- Rey’s Base Outfit: Shirt and Pants
- Rey’s Tabards & Arm Wraps
- Rey’s Accessories: Butt Bag, Belts, Bracer and Boots
- Rey’s Hair and Makeup
I also built a Resistance Rey outfit as well: